Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Taking Audiobooks Review Requests/Recommendations!

Hello, hello! Long time no talk! So I want to do a quick update. Although I don't have the time to read like I once used to, I have plenty of time to listen to audio (I work part-time at a car assembly plant). I have about 16 hours of listening time a week. I only listen to a couple of podcasts (Runaway Thoughts and Dada Life) with so many songs I could just replay over and over on my iPod. Since my review blog has been dull for the past couple of years, I am willing to jumpstart by blog again with audiobook reviews. I am really new to the audiobook side of things so I would need some navigation.

I looked into Audible, however it seems like I have to input my credit card number, which is something I don't want to do. If anyone can recommend a great audiobook site where I can download my novels for free, let me know!

I am unsure how popular audiobooks are in the YA realm. Therefore, I will give flexibility with the genres of audiobooks I will take on (mystery, horror, etc). So yes, feel free to shoot me any audiobook requests (or recommendations!) starting now! :)
post signature

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I would check and see if your library has eaudiobooks - mine does and it's really helpful! I recommend any book narrated by Katherine Kellgren. She narrates the Bloody Jack books by L.A. Meyer as well as Maryrose Wood's Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place along with many others.

Diana Dang said...

Thanks Kristen! I will see if I have the time to drop by the library for eaudiobooks. I never thought the library would carry any lol.

Liviania said...

Try your library, as said before. Also, Audible has some free audiobooks even though you have to a have a credit card on file. Downpour has one free audiobook a month.

I recommend Chris Colfer's books - they aren't my favorite books, but he's great at voices.