Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Short and Simple (7)

Title: March Story
Mangaka: Hyung Min Kim (Art) & Hyung Il Yang (Story)
Age Group: Older Teens
Series is: Ongoing with 3 volumes
Volume(s) Reviewing: 2
My Rating: 5/5

Sentence Summary: Continuing adventures with March as she hunts for the demons called Ill.

Speaking Straightly: As fantastic as the first volume! There is possible romance budding in this one, haha. I totally look forward to the third volume! Totally recommend this series if you have never read it yet and is a manga fan.

~~~

Title: Blue Exorcist
Mangaka: Kazue Kato
Age Group: Teens
Series is: Ongoing with 6 volumes
Volume(s) Reviewing: 1
My Rating: 4/5

Sentence Summary: A boy discovers that he is a half-demon and vows to be an exorcist after the man who took care of him is killed by Satan!

Speaking Straightly: Been seeing and hearing a lot about this new popular series so I decided to give it a try. Not bad for the first volume. Definitely will appeal to shonen fans who are into demons. However, the first volume doesn't make me go crazy to pick up the second volume. But I wouldn't mind reading it if there is nothing else appealing on the shelf.

~~~

Title: Hell's Belles
Author: Jackie Kessler
Age Group: Adults
# of Pages: 344
My Rating: 2/5

Sentence Summary: Jezebel is a succubus running away from Hell and pretends to be a human in order to hide.

Speaking Straightly: I tried. I really tried. I renewed this book 2 times and I still cannot get into it after half a novel later. The way it was written is just boring, no matter what kind of action scenes there are going on. I don't really care too much for the protagonist and the adult content is not that great either. Wouldn't recommend at all.
post signature

No comments: