Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Aishiteruze Baby by Yoko Maki

Title: Aishiteruze Baby
Mangaka: Yoko Maki
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: Approx. 200
# of Volumes: 7
My Rating: 4/5

Every single high school has that one boy who everyone seems to like. It may be the school president, the new boy, the rough baddie. Well this one is the major flirt, Kippei Katakura. He picks up one girl and then go to the next. Everyone knows that he is not serious, but most girls can't resist him. He would never think about attaching himself to any girl, especially his five years old cousin.

Yuzuyu is an adorable girl that just moved in with Kippei's family. Her mother one day left somewhere and never came back. The poor child misses her mother terribly. Oddly enough, Kippei is attracted by her youthful charm and sticks by her side. No one would expect such to happen from playboy Kippei!

An admirer from afar dislikes Kippei's cousin. How dare she brings out a side of him that no girl can?? What will this admirer have in store for young Yuzuyu?

In the second volume, Yuzuyu's mother appears. When Kippei saw her, he is indeed surprise. Why in the world would she leave her daughter behind like that? She tells him not to tell anyone that he saw her and runs off. Will she ever come back?

I find this book is absolutely adorable! So far from what I read, it's not "deep" persay. But then they are mangas right? The children the artist drew in the book is worthy of a thousand cheek pinches! (Haha, rating boost there!) I love how I can just read past it and not think too much. (Unlike the famous manga/anime Death Note... That one gives you headaches!) The one thing that bothers me though is Kokoro, Kippei's girlfriend. Her character is just there. I don't see the need to have her in the story at all. Nonetheless, something most shojo fans will enjoy!

post signature

1 comment:

Liviania said...

One of my favorites - this manga is so adorable.