Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

In My Mailbox - XII

To do your own In My Mailbox, please check out how to at The Story Siren!

The Borrowed



Nancy Drew vol. 2 by Stefan Petrucha
Fruits Basket Fanbook -Cat- by Natsuki Takaya
The Canadian Type 2 Diabetes Sourcebook by M. Sara Rosenthal

The Bought

None

The Received



Razor Girl by Marianne Mancusi
The Makedown (ARC and Paperback) by Gitty Daneshvari

Yes! Finally! Books in my mailbox for once! I was so happy when I saw that yellow package. After a long delay, I got Razor Girl from Kelly Parra. I feel so bad that I had to bother her because I never got my prize from last October.

For some strange reason, after I got my paperback version of The Makedown, I received the ARC two days later. I think Hachette might have messed up the order or something. But guess what? That would mean I'm giving the ARC away! (As badly as I want to keep it!) But sorry, the giveaway won't be anytime soon. I'm keeping it for my blog's first anniversary in August. Look forward until then! (I may change my mind though, who knows!) Oh, if anyone want to contribute in prizes, please message me. So far I have: nada. Possiblities: a few. It's not looking very promising so far...

Hm, I wonder when Chapters is going to have a sale on manga or YA novels... I still have to get a copy of The Dust of 100 Dogs.

I almost forgot to add! Check out this video where authors Melissa Walker and Mari Mancusi talk about writing books for young adults on TV!


post signature

10 comments:

wdebo said...

Yeah for books in the mail!!

I want to read the Makedown too!

Oh and I also gotta get a copy of the "Dust of 100 dogs"

Wdebo :)

the story siren said...

yay!! you got books! really want to read a book by mancusi! looking forward to see what you think about it.

susan said...

Can you tell me more about the Fruit Basket series? I purchased a few and I know next to nothing about this genre. One student has checked it out but I haven't been able to ask her what she thinks. Do you like this series, if yes, why? Is this series popular and can you recommend other manga books to add to our collection? Thanks.

susan said...

Regarding twilight, the word was the prompt for a poetry group I'm part of. I am no fan of the book. I'm the last person you want to ask about the book.

Thank you so much for answering my questions. I will be back.

Diana Dang said...

@wdebo: I badly want to read Dust of 100 Dogs! But I have so many to read anyway. =w=

@Story Siren: Lol, hopefully I'll get to it soon!

Liviania said...

I need to read Razor Girl.

Erika Powell said...

so jealous of the Makedown. great week!

Diana Dang said...

@Liv: I'm looking forward to it!

@Erika: The Makedown is a hilarious read so far!

Amy said...

the makedown look really good! your layout's really pretty btw;)
-amy

Diana Dang said...

I'm loving the book so far! And thank you, I love it very much too!