Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Watching on Wednesday: The Bounty Hunter

Title: The Bounty Hunter
Type: Movie
Age Group: Tweens +
Release Year: 2010
My Rating: 4/5

Nicole (Jennifer Aniston) and Milo (Gerald Butler) used to be married. Now, they hate each other's guts. Milo became a bounty hunter after being kicked off the police force due to his gambling habits. And he found out that Nicole has a $5000 bounty on her head.

Nicole only happened to skip out on bail because she had a lead for a story. It turned out though her lead got kidnapped by some shady characters. Milo, who is only concerned in bringing his ex for the reward, does not care for this story of hers. That is until things got really out of hand. What should these two do when there are people trying to kill them??

This is definitely a fun movie to watch and kill time with. I find it to be a great comedy for middle-aged people especially. It is not too serious and doesn't have any sexual content but has enough to keep you watching. It is different from the usual romcom because of the car-chasing scenes and action they threw into the movie.

In terms of acting, Butler definitely played a rude and arrogant ex who can be a decent guy as long as you are not Nicole. I think Aniston's acting is quite similar in most of the movies she has been in. So nothing new there if you are familiar with her on TV. But, I give her credit for having such a great figure at her age.

Although this is not a must-see movie, it could be one to pick up when you are at the library and there is nothing else on the rack for some quick entertainment.


post signature

1 comment:

roseworksjewelry said...

I enjoyed this movie - I thought it was cheesy but I liked it anyway!