Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

SECRET Shared by L. Marie Adeline

Title: SECRET Shared
Author: L. Marie Adeline
Age Group: Adults
# of Pages: 273
My Rating: 3/5

Cassie is now part of S.E.C.R.E.T., an organization that helps women live out their sexual fantasies. After completing the Steps herself, she is now responsible for picking out a new candidate to give her the experience of a lifetime.

Dauphine is a vintage shop owner. After her ex-boyfriend left her for her best friend, her self-confidence plummeted. She hasn't been with a man since. That is, until Cassie introduces her to S.E.C.R.E.T. 


SECRET Shared is the second novel in the SECRET series. I reviewed the first book last summer and finally finished the second novel at the end of last month. The more erotica novels I read, the more I feel that this genre is not for me. Or maybe the novels I have picked up so far just haven't clicked with me yet.

I feel that the second novel is a lot better than the first. In the first volume, I complained about Cassie's personality and her being downer on everything. She improved in that novel and continued to stay consistent in this volume. At first, I wasn't too happy when SECRET Shared became a two-person POV story with Dauphine added into the mix. However, I realized that Dauphine gave a better variety to the story overall. Her character is different to Cassie and I prefer her because she is a lot more open-minded. I also liked the fact that she's a vintage shop owner.

SECRET Shared is better than its predecessor, but still not a series I would automatically recommend. It has its moments but the climax, once again, happens way too late in the book. Therefore, the reader can lose motivation to continue reading. 

post signature

No comments: