Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

In My Mailbox - XVI

To do your own In My Mailbox, please check out how to at The Story Siren!

The Borrowed



Tactics vol. 4-6 by Sakura Kinoshita and Kazuko Higashiyama
Airhead by Meg Cabot

The Bought



Bound Beauty vol. 2 by Mick Takeuchi
Res Judicata by Vicki Grant

The Received



Kitty Goes to Washington by Carrie Vaughn
The Guardian by Joyce Sweeney
The Agency by Ally O'Brien
Incubus Dreams by Laurell K. Hamilton

I got a steady amount of books in the mailbox this week. A little disappointed that I was sent the second volume of the Kitty series instead of the first to review. But I will suck it up and read through it anyway because it would be a hassle to send another email saying that there is a mix-up. I just hope I don't need to read the first to understand the second. Incubus Dreams is huge, so I likely won't get to it for awhile. I am definitely eager for the third volume of Bound Beauty to come out. All of the good mangas are taking ages to be released...

post signature

16 comments:

deltay said...

Wow - good haul this week!

Diana Dang said...

Haha, I have to get started on them!

Nancy said...

Ohh you have some good books this week. I love LKH

Diana Dang said...

I have never read Laurell's books so I'm looking forward to it!

Reverie said...

good stash!! happy reading!!!

Diana Dang said...

Haha thanks!

susan said...

Reading your comments alone are entertaining. Hope you get the right books. Happy reading.

Diana Dang said...

Lol! Why thank you! xD Such an honor to hear my comments are worthy of such praise. x)

Amy said...

loved airhead! I can't get one more time out of my head, it's so catchy :)
-amy

Diana Dang said...

I am doubting Airhead a bit but hopefully it's as good as everyone says!

One More Time is definitely catchy! It reminds me of the past. ><

Liviania said...

Do you want to borrow the rest of the Kitty series?

Also, Incubus Dreams is about the 12th Anita Blake book - and it's also past when the series started getting crappy. I can lend you the rest of that series as well.

Diana Dang said...

The 12th book? Oh my, I was thinking that it was maybe it was the fourth or fifth. A little disappointing to hear. ><

Oh it's ok. >< Shipping is expensive and looking the size of Incubus Dreams, you would have to put out a lot just to let me borrow it! Lol. Plus, I have a tower of books I need to read at the moment. If I need anything, I'll message you. =)

The Book Resort said...

Splash...
You've won an award @ my blog

http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/

Diana Dang said...

Thank you =))

The Book Resort said...

There's something waiting 4 ya...

http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/04/its-late-im-dreaming.html

Diana Dang said...

Haha no worries, I saw! Thanks!