Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Watching on Wednesday: 28 Days Later

Title: 28 Days Later
Type: Movie
Age Group: Older Teens +
Release Year: 2002
Rating: 3.5/5

Waking up in an empty hospital, Jim (Alex Palmer) tries to figure out the reason why everyone has disappeared from the city. Due to infected chimpanzees that were released 28 days earlier, a disease rapidly spread throughout London. If bitten by an infected person, one would crave for human flesh and be reduced to what is called a zombie.

I attempted to watch this movie several times. The beginning of the movie is so slow. The protagonist basically walks around in London, trying to understand what is going on for the ten minutes of the movie. To be honest, it was hard for me to stay and watch because even though when it had action afterwards, it was still a bore.

However, I found it extremely realistic in terms of a zombie movie. It's no where near the Resident Evil kind of level, but it is one that you could relate to. I think the actors did a very good job. Their acting was well done and their emotions could be felt.

28 Days Later is not a movie I would recommend right away but if you have patience and prefer zombie movies that are more realistic rather than having fight scenes everywhere, than you should give it a try.

post signature

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I LOVE this movie. I liked 28 weeks later even better though! hehe
Here's what I'm watching today, if your interested: http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/06/what-im-doing-on-wednesday.html