Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Watching on Wednesday: Toy Story 3

Title: Toy Story 3
Type: Movie
Release Year: 2010
Age Group: Youth +
My Rating: 5/5

Andy is now all grown up and is ready to go to college. Woody, Buzz, and the gang know that they may never be played with again. With much complications, they all end up at a daycare centre.

The toys find out that the place that promises a lifetime of fun turns out to be their worst nightmare. They must find a way out before it is too late!

In the beginning, I wasn't one of the many that was dying to watch Toy Story 3. When I was invited to watch with my friends and classmates to celebrate the end of high school, I was like why not? I have to say, it is the PERFECT movie to end off high school!

With stunning graphics, audience will admire the scenery and the details of the movie. If you watch the IMAX version, everything will be much more enhanced. (However you will not be missing out on anything if you were to watch the regular version). All new character designs match their personality perfectly as well as the voices given to them.

Compared to the first two movies, Toy Story 3 has a lot more danger involved for the toys as they try to save themselves from peril. You will be rooting for Woody and friends with all your might throughout as the fight their ways through difficult obstacles. I simply love their escape tactics as Woody's ideas always save them, not to mention entertaining to watch!

I highly recommend this movie to everyone! Everyone that came to watch with me loved it! It was very heartfelt because it reminded me that I was also going off to university. I watched Toy Story when it came out as the first 3D movie. So many years and memories have passed every since. I swear the movie made almost everyone close to tears. I wanted to take out all my old toys again to play with them one last time. It is definitely a must-watch for the entire family!

post signature

3 comments:

Monster of Books said...

This was such a awesome movie, but so sad. I remember watching this when I was five and now I'm like 17 and I felt like Andy whose slowing growing up and letiting go of certain things. Such a awesome movie, loved it better then the first and second XD

Yan said...

Yeah I heard it was sad :( I really want to watch it, but then again I don't want it because it only shows that I'll be heading off to college soon.

Diana Dang said...

Yes, but it still so good. It will be one to close off high school. ;3;