Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Watching on Wednesday: The Guild (The Complete First Season)

Title: The Guild
Type: Web Series
Age Group: Teens +
Release Year: 2007
My Rating: 4.5/5

In this ten-episode web series, six different people connect through the world of an online roleplaying game. Their lives start and end with this game. Nothing will happen for them to get pulled back into reality. Or so they think.

Codex (Felicia Day) is a woman who has been addicted to online gaming since, like, forever. She doesn't plan on making any real friends soon, though she beats herself up because of it. Until Zaboo (Sandeep Parikh), a partner of hers from her game guild, arrives at her home in person! Apparently he is so infatuated by her that he tracked her down! And now she is stuck with him because he refuses to leave!

For the first time, Codex gets together with her online friends in real life. From there, things might get a little more interesting than being in front of the screen.

My attention was brought to this series when I saw a funny and cute music video they made on youtube (check below!). And heck, I was happy to have discovered The Guild!

As you might remember last week Watching on Wednesday, I featured an anime called Axis Power Hetalia. Like the anime, The Guild episodes are very short. They range from five minutes to eight minutes each. But they are jam-packed with fun where anyone can enjoy them, regardless if you are a gamer or not! The Guild is perfect for those who want entertainment within a short time-frame!

My favourite character out of the bunch is Bladezz (Vincent Caso), who I think is sort of cute in his strange way. But I think the two most entertaining characters are Vork (Jeff Lewis) and Zaboo. Vork is a middle-age man who is extremely cheap. So cheap that he never paid for electricity or water! He steals his rich neighbour WiFi connection instead! Although he is a very odd man, he can strategically devise plans, which makes him the guild leader from the pack. (Not to mention his language can get confusing if spoken to a kid!) Zaboo is a dude full of lulz. He's so into Codex that it is hilarious. He practically stalks her but his stupidity makes you forgive him and his ways.

Overall, The Guild is a laugh-out-loud web series where you would look forward to the next episode within ten minutes! Watch it at www.watchtheguild.com today!


post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi :)
I love The Guild too.
And the video & song "Date My Avatar" is great.
Thank goodness Season Three is being aired.
Also @FeliciaDay is a great lady.
:)
All the best,
@RKCharron
xoxo

Diana Dang said...

I have to get to the 3rd season! :)