Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Zoey Zeta and the Sisters of Power: Family Secrets by Robert Simon & Tomomi Sarafov

Title: Zoey Zeta and the Sisters of Power: Family Secrets
Author: Robert Simon (Story) & Tomomi Sarafov (Art)
Age Group: Youth
Series is: Ongoing with 2 volumes
Volume(s) Reviewing: 1
My Rating: 3/5

There are three sisters named Zoey, Ella, and Lexi. Each one has their own superpower. Together, they make the superhero team: Zoey Zeta and the Sisters of Power! They fight the bad guys and make sure that everything is at peace! What happens when an evil villain threatens their beloved town?

This cute little comic will satisfy Powerpuff Girls fans. There are adorable drawings that would definitely appeal to younger girls and it has an easy-to-read dialogue. Unlike a picture book, Zoey Zeta introduces the world of comics to a child with simple panels and action details.

I recommend this series for people who would like to give a little something new and fun to their daughters or siblings of this age.

Review copy provided by Robert Simon.

post signature

No comments: