Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Short and Simple (9)

Title: Arisa
Mangaka: Natsumi Ando
Age Group: Teens
Series is: Ongoing with 9 volumes
Volume(s) Reviewing: 2
My Rating: 4/5


Sentence Summary: Tsubasa's guess of who the King really is might not turn out to be that person after all!


Speaking Straightly: I really like the continuation from the first volume so far. It seems predictable where the story is going, but the mangaka is definitely great at building up the suspense regardless! It might be even a tad darker than Zodiac P.I. I highly recommend this series for fans of Natsumi Ando's other works and shojo mysteries!


~~~


Title: Time and Again
Mangaka: JiUn Yun
Age Group: Teens
Series is: Completed with 6 volumes
Volume(s) Reviewing: 1-2
My Rating: 4/5


Sentence Summary: Haunting stories that follow the exorcists-for-hire, Baek-On and Ho-Yeon during the Chinese Tang Dynasty.


Speaking Straightly: I enjoyed the first two volumes of this series very much. Similar to Nightmare Inspector in terms of what the stories are like (but a lot less dark). Each story is tragic in its own sense and a couple would have Chinese myths incorporated. I absolutely love the Chinese's historical outfits, so it was fun to see a manhwa based on a time period that had some of the best clothing!


Highly recommend for anyone would like reading mangas/manhwas that have a few stories per volume, each unique and scary on its own. 

post signature

1 comment:

Liviania said...

Both of these look good. I should definitely find a copy of Time and Again, however. It looks like my exact kind of thing.