Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Watching on Wednesday: Kung Fu Panda

Title: Kung Fu Panda
Type: Movie
Age Group: Youth
Release Year: 2008
My Rating: 5/5

Po is a giant panda living in China who comes from a noodle-making family. He dreams of meeting the Furious Five, consisting of five different animals with sharp and hard-hitting kung-fu skills. He desires to go on exciting adventures like they do and escape his boring life of serving food.

With his wish granted, Po unexpectedly becomes chosen by the tortoise, Master Oogway, as the Dragon Warrior who will save the Valley of Peace from future destruction. Neglected by the Furious Five and Master Shifu due to his untrained background, Po refuses to leave. Until news came back that the ferocious criminal Tai Lung have escaped from prison and heading right to the valley! Afraid, Po wants to leave so he doesn't have to face the infamous snow leopard but Shifu enforces him to stay. To have long training hours with the use of food, will Po be able to defeat Tai Lung and live up to be the Dragon Warrior?

This is one heck of great animation! I watched it last night and I fully enjoyed it from beginning to end! Even my father was laughing several times because of Po's adorable reactions. This movie is totally recommended for everyone! Especially to those who love Monster Inc. and Finding Nemo. It is a great entertainment for the whole family and has jaw-dropping graphics! (The fight scenes are simply the best!)

post signature

2 comments:

Valeria said...

Gawd, this movie is highlarious! My father didn't really laugh o-o...

Diana Dang said...

Lol! But I'm sure he's laughing on the inside. x)