Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Love★Com by Aya Nakahara

Title: LoveCom (a.k.a. LovelyComplex)
Mangaka:
Aya Nakahara
Age Group:
Teens
# of Pages: Approx. 200
# of Volumes: 17
My Rating: 4.5/5

Risa Koizumi is quite tall, taller than your average Japanese girl at five feet seven inches. Insecure with her height, she meets her match, Atsushi Ôtani, who is the shortest guy in their grade. Put them together in the same classroom and they become the "All Hanshin-Kyojin" (a real comedy duo consisting of one really short person and another really tall person). Constantly being teased, Risa is afraid she'll never find love!

Then she meets a handsome student named Suzuki. She thinks she is in love, knowing that he is taller than her! Determined to woo Suzuki, she also finds out that Ôtani has a crush on her friend, Chiharu! (And obviously she is shorter than him!) The two decide to work together and help the other win their crushes over.


Except the inevitable happens: Suzuki and Chiharu starts liking each other instead! Back to square one, Risa is desperate for a boyfriend more than ever. But what happens when she starts developing feelings for Ôtani, who she swore she'll never like?


This is one of the cutest romantic comedy mangas out there! I can relate to Risa because I'm also the same height as her (possibly taller) but I'm not so desperate for someone to hold on to... Okay, I lied, there are times where I wish I am dating. Except there are plenty of tall guys in my school!


Throughout the series, Risa and Ôtani run into funny scenarios. It enables them to develop their relationship further or sometimes, make the other one even more confused about what is going on! The story is not clique at all and most girls can enjoy it. I adore the clothes that the mangaka draws on to Risa. I really wish I have her sense of style! I forgot where I have read up to but since I realized how much I have missed while reading quickly through it in the bookstore, so I'm going to read it all over again!

post signature

2 comments:

wdebo said...

I just got it and I am loving it already!!

Wdebo :)

Diana Dang said...

I'm so glad to hear!