Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Death: At Death's Door by Jill Thompson

Title: Death: At Death's Door
Comic Artist: Jill Thompson
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: Approx. 200
# of Volumes: 1
My Rating: 1/5

Lucifer Morningstar decides to leave his throne and gives away the Key to Hell to Dream (a.k.a. the Sandman). All of hell's creatures has no where else to go as Dream tries to figure out what to do with the key. So, they ended up in Death's (Dream's older goth sister) place. Death and her sisters, Delirium and Despair, tries to keep everyone in order. Instead, all hell break loose as the dark beings party down the house! On the other hand, every higher supernatural beings try to convince Dream to give them the key. Who will rule Hell?

This graphic novel is based off a bestselling comic series from the 1990s called The Sandman by Neil Gaiman. I never knew so myself until I saw the gist of it at the end of the volume. I can barely give this one a review because it makes no sense whatsoever! I only knew what the main plot is because of the summary behind it! This got to be one of the choppiest comic I've ever read because it jumps all over the place! Not only that, but it doesn't conclude properly! No one should pick it up. Unless maybe you have read The Sandman yourself, you will never understand it.

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Unknown said...

:) I was a fan of the sandman series of graphic novels, and this was a nice fun take on deaths side of the story but yeah people need to read Sandman first to catch most of whats going on in this one :)