Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Kon Kon Kokon by Koge-Donbo

Title: Kon Kon Kokon
Mangaka: Koge-Donbo
Age Group: Youth +
# of Pages: Approx. 200
# of Volumes: 2
My Rating: 4/5

Ren Hinoishi is the smart boy of his class with a secret obsession of yokais (demons). He has a crush on cute classmate Himeka and wishes to be more cool so she can notice him.

His life completely changes when a weird girl suddenly pops up and claims that she has to repay him. She refuses to leave him alone and soon after he finds out that she is a fox yokai! With her around, nothing is normal for Ren anymore! But now he gets to fufill his dreams of meeting yokais! What will happen to him as he is continously exposed to these supernatural beings?

This is such an adorable manga. Koge-Donbo's works are usually aimed towards the younger audience. Sometimes I am disappointed because I would love to see a series by her for the older teenage audience. It may not work out very well because her style is very cutesy. Kon Kon Kokon is a fun read and there are times where you wonder how they would look like older. Suitable for all ages.

post signature

No comments: