Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Japan Ai: A Tall Girl's Adventure in Japan by Aimee Major Steinberger

Title: Japan Ai: A Tall Girl's Adventures in Japan
Comic Artist: Aimee Major Steinberger
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 183
# of Volumes: 1
My Rating: 5/5

Based on a true story, Aimee Steinberger is a six feet professional animator and cosplayer who dreams of going to Japan. In 2002, she discovers a gorgeous ball-jointed doll by a Japanese company called Volks. This became her new obsession. Later on, she gets a writing position in an English magazine based on ball-jointed dolls.

One day, Aimee is desperate to visit the Volks company in Japan. Deciding to call them for an interview, she was more than thrilled that they knew of her and wishes for her to have dinner with the president of the company! Immediately, she pleads her friends to come with her in Japan. Along with two other friends, Aimee takes the best trip of her life!

Definitely a must-have for all anime/manga fans and Japanese addicts in hope of going to Japan in the future. When I first saw the cover online, I thought it was some story that I wouldn't be interested in. Wrong! Aimee drew about her adventure throughout the beautiful and advanced oriental country with an adorable artwork and loving humour. You get to learn the cultural differences of Japan and North America from what they wear on a regular basis to amazing tourist attractions. This book makes me want to spend all of my university savings and just buy a plane ticket right now! I am planning to use it as future reference if I go to Japan!

Review copy provided by Go! Comi.

post signature

No comments: