Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Friday, August 21, 2009

In My Mailbox (Vlog) - II + BBAW

To do your own In My Mailbox, please check out how to at The Story Siren!



The Borrowed

None

The Bought

None

The Received

Blank Slate vol. 1 by Aya Kanno
Gakuen Prince vol. 2 by Jun Yuzuki
Switch by Carol Snow
Beating Heart by A.M. Jenkins

Doing an early IMM because I'm heading off to California tomorrow! Next week's IMM will be delayed until I get back!
And quick thank you to ~The Book Pixie for the Your Blog Rocks Award!

Wdebo is celebrating her first blogoversary and birthday! She's giving away some pretty cool prizes so click here to check it out!

I was surprised when I went to check my email to find out that I was nominated for
Best Graphic Novel Review Blog and Cultural Review Blog! Cultural Review Blog?? Hm, I'm still puzzling over that one. I rummaged back in my archive for links and was horrified that my "cultural" novel reviews weren't so great back when my blog was still new. Ah well, it's still something.

But I want to thank you so much to whoever nominated me! It made me really happy to know that you think so highly of my blog!
Anyway, I decided to do a little meme for BBAW.

1) What has been one of the highlights of blogging for you?


Being able to communicate with fantastic bloggers and authors around the world and discovering all of the amazing YA books out there! Believe it or not, I sort of stopped reading regular novels before I decided to blog at one point of my life. But now, I have a huge selection and my brain is indulging them all!
To all my blogger friends, love you all!

2) What blogger has helped you out with your blog by answering questions, linking to you, or inspiring you?

The Story Siren and In Bed With Books were the two blogs that stood out to me before I started blogging. They inspired me to start blogging because I was done summer school at the time and had nothing better to do for the next month. From there, Stop, Drop, and Read! was born.

3) What one question do you have about BBAW that someone who participated last year could answer?

Hm, I really don't have one! My blog was still pretty new when last year BBAW came around so I was quite unfamiliar with it. But I am definitely looking forward to this year's!


There is also a great contest you can join for Harlequin Teen! Check below!


post signature

3 comments:

Lilixtreme said...

Really want to know how Beating Heart turns out lol!

Thao said...

Cute vblog~! Congrats on the nominations and have a great time in California.

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. Switch is a really good book. Hope you enjoy reading all your books and that you have a good time in California.