Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trailer Tuesday: Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines

Title: Girl in the Arena
Author: Lise Haines
Description: During the week, Lyn lives in a big house in Cambridge, and hangs out with friends in Harvard Square. But over the weekends she cheers her father on when he gears up for neo-gladiator competition—a high-profile televised blood sport that rivals the NFL. Lyn’s father is the top player in the league, and the paparazzi that have always swarmed him have started to dog Lyn’s every move. All this fame comes with an even higher price. Lyn’s family lives with the constant presence of violence, uncertainty, and a strict cultural code set by the Gladiator Sports Association. When a skilled young fighter slays Lyn’s father, the GSA imposes an unthinkable sentence—Lyn must marry her father’s murderer. Though her mother has made a career out of marrying into Glad culture, Lyn is prepared to do whatever it takes to claim her independence. Even if it means going into the arena herself….



This is such a creative way of making a book trailer! Haha, I love how in the beginning New Moon was tossed aside! (No offence to Twilight fans or anything). I have read mixed reviews about this novel though. What are your thoughts on it if you have read it?

post signature

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Haha this is hilarious. I have to be honest and say although it was funny, I was too busy laughing to listen closely to the information. I'm not a big twilight fan any more, I thought it was funny. Glad you posted this though.

yuan said...

lol oh man, this trailer is weird and awesome. Excuse me while I pimp this vid to everyone I know...

Anonymous said...

It's a bit weird and creepy/disgusting at first, kind of hard to get into, but after that it's a quick read, and I, at least, got really involved with the characters.