Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman

Title: Eon: Dragoneye Reborn
Author: Alison Goodman
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 531
My Rating: 5/5

To become a Dragoneye is a difficult task. To become an apprentice to one of the twelve energy dragons requires intense training of many years. Twelve-year-old Eon has been working so hard in hope of becoming the Rat Dragon's new apprentice. Except, he harbours a secret.

Eon's real identity is Eona, a girl of sixteen years. It is forbidden for females to use Dragon Magic and if Eon is discovered, it will be the end of her.

When events turned out much more differently than expected, Eon and her allies' lives become jeopardized when an evil lord tries to obtain her power. The world Eon knows will be in ruins if she does not find a way to stop her enemies.

Wow. Absolutely freaking amazing. The fact that I see there is not a large amount of hype in the YA book blogging world about this novel makes me a little disappointed (or maybe it passed considering that it was published in 2008?).

Alison Goodman delivered a story of magnificence and danger, one that would suck the reader into a world where they would not want to leave. Written in a dramatic voice with power and allure, the images of Eon's world unfolds beautifully to whoever reads it. Eon is a strong female lead who is mature beyond her years, having your support 100%. Intelligent and flawed, she is someone anyone can relate to at any level. One of my other favourite characters is Lady Dela, a graceful woman in a man's body. The author made her to be exquisite with her charming manners and delicate but gorgeous outfits. Not only that, but Lady Dela is power player behind the scenes that has great influence. Every single character that exists in the novel is fleshed out and genuine, making the story even more vivid when combined with extreme action and conspiracy.

If you have not already clued in, go get your copy of Eon: Dragoneye Reborn now! It may be a thick book but it is definitely worth it! It will also appeal to males, so if there is any guy readers out there, you have to check this one out!

Review copy provided by Penguin Group (Canada).

post signature

No comments: