Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Trailer Tuesday: Troy High by Shana Norris

Title: Troy High
Author: Shana Norris
Description: Homer’s Iliad, the classic tale of love and revenge, is shrewdly retold for teens in Troy High.

Narrated by Cassie, a shy outsider who fears that an epic high school rivalry is about to go up in flames, the story follows the Trojans and Spartans as they declare war on the football field. After the beautiful Elena—who used to be the captain of the Spartan cheerleaders—transfers to Troy High and falls madly in love with Cassie’s brother Perry, the Spartans vow that the annual homecoming game will never be forgotten.

The Trojans and Spartans pull wicked pranks on each other as homecoming approaches. And the Spartans’ wildcard football star, Ackley, promises to take down the Trojans’ offensive line. But the stakes are raised when Cassie is forced to choose between the boy she loves (a Spartan) and loyalty to her family and school. Troy High will seduce readers with its incendiary cast of mythic proportions.



I actually haven't read a lot of retelling YA novels but I am fascinated in stories that are based on the Greeks mythology and so on. For those who have read Troy High, what is your opinion on this novel?

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one looks pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Monster of Books said...

Interesting will have to check it out

Alyssa F said...

It's so funny you happened to post this because I literally just finished this book two days ago.

I really liked it in the end. It's kind of a fluffy read, but enjoyable. I wasn't really impressed in the beginning but it grew on me.