Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Monday, March 22, 2010

My Monday Mailbox & Music Machine (Mar 22/10)

Mailbox


Won?

The Fallen 1: The Fallen and Leviathan by Thomas E. Sniegoski

I have no idea if I won this novel from a contest or not. I totally forgot if I did enter a contest regarding The Fallen. So when I received it, I was a little surprised since it's clearly not for review. Either way, I think it's a pretty sexy cover though!

Want to do your own Mailbox Meme? Check out how to at The Story Siren!


~~~

Music Machine

Title: Magic
Artist/Band: One Way
Language: Korean
My Thoughts: Just recently discovered this band through a good friend of mine. This song definitely gives a break from the usual Kpop style and goes a little more American. An amazing song that I had on for repeat for quite awhile! :D



~~~

Since March is Women's History Month, I would like to kindly avert your attention to this link: Young Adult Books Featuring Women From Another Era. There you can find plenty of great young adult novels regarding women in past eras, such as The Season and The Stolen One, that you can read in celebration of this month.

If you would like to learn a bit more about Women's History Month, please visit by clicking here and here.
post signature

7 comments:

Monster of Books said...

I think I might check this out because of the cover. Guy looks hot!

Dazzling Mage said...

Oh God, OneWay~ My friend and I were hooked on it (and if I listened to it now, I know I'll be hooked again). We joked that the song really did cast its magic on us. XD

Awesome, awesome debut for these guys.

Liviania said...

I read the Fallen series when it was originally pubbed . . . seven years ago? I was a fish. I'm exciting that it's getting reprinted, because I think it wasn't finished. I enjoyed it, from what I remember.

yuan said...

I was watching the MV and was constantly distracted by the fact that the actress looks like the latest photoshoot of Moon Geun Young for her new show Cinderella Unni. lol but yeah, I agree that it's totally catchy and 'different', very Americanized

Unknown said...

I can not WAIT to hear what you think of Fallen, I have been sooo tempted to get this one, it sounds amazing!

Diana Dang said...

@Liviania: Oh my, 7 years ago? Lol, I was suspecting it to be old. The cover made it quite attractive though!

@Ah Yuan: //googles Cinderella Unni// Oh yea, this is the one where Taecyeon is gonna be in! xD Except I'm not into melodrama. =w=

Linda Nguyen said...

Oh my. The Fallen has one pretty pretty cover. ^^* I'm going to need to get me a copy. It looks yummy! =)