Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Win The Dark Divine Nailpolishes!


I personally have never read The Dark Divine by Bree Despain yet but when I was given the opportunity to give away some adorable nailpolishes, I couldn't resist! There will be 2 winners!

To enter: (Please have everything in one comment in the post)
+1 Answer: Do you forgive easily? MANDATORY FOR ENTERING
+2 new follower through Google Friend Connect

+3 old follower through Google Friend Connect
+2 add Stop, Drop, and Read! to your blog list (link)
+2 for every time you link the contest (link)
+3 If you tell me a story about yourself which deals with forgiveness

This contest is open to US and Canadian addresses only (sorry international friends, I can't afford it!). Contest will end on March 31/10.

post signature

15 comments:

bittenbyromance said...

+1 Yes, I do.
+3 old follower
+2 added you on my blog list link
+2 twitter
Thanks for this contest:)

yuan said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy CANADA!! 8D

+1 Nope, not at all. I'm an awful, grudge-holding person.
+3 old follower
+2 blog list http://galnovelty.blogspot.com
+2 tweet link: http://twitter.com/wingstodust/status/10079524344
+2 sidebar link:
http://galnovelty.blogspot.com

Kelsey said...

Answer: unfortunately, I do not forgive easily. If someone is mean to me or wrongs me in some way, I find it extremely hard to just forget it and go on like nothing happened.

I'm an old follower through Google Friend Connect.

I added you to my blog list here: www.thedoortowonderland.blogspot.com.

I linked to your contest on my blog's right sidebar and on Twitter.
www.thedoortowonderland.blogspot.com and http://twitter.com/Door2Wonderland/status/10085121317.

Thanks for the contest and entries!

-Kelsey
krae991@yahoo.com

Sam said...

+1--It depends. If somebody just annoys me, then whatever, I don't really care too badly. If they really are hurtful, though, I won't forgive them easily.
+3: Old follower :)
+2: Is it plus two if you've already been on it??
+3: My best friend happens to be a guy. We used to date, and for a time, it looked like we would again. Then I found out he had a girl friend...and had for three months. We talked every night on the phone, but he neglected to mention that. It took me a long time to forgive him for that; I think that forgiveness, in cases like that, still can't replace the trust you lose.
Hmm, that was kind of bungled. I hope it made sense, lol.

tawndam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tawndam said...

grr... submitted too early... need sleep... lol
+1 it may seem that way on the outside... but I'm a silent fumer... for the most part anyway...
+3 'old' google follower

Martha Lawson said...

+1 No, I don't forgive easily

+3 Old follower

mlawson17 at hotmail dot com

April (BooksandWine) said...

+1 It depends. I have my dad's temper so I get really pissed, but I cool off quickly. I forgive, but I don't forget.

+3 old follower

+2 add you to my blog roll here: http://www.goodbooksandgoodwine.com/2010/02/blog-roll.html

+2 sidebar - http://www.goodbooksandgoodwine.com

+2 tweeted - http://twitter.com/booksandwine/statuses/10104316723

Unknown said...

+1 Depends on the deed. A simple sentence can tick me off for long time. At the same time, I might not be angry at all if you completely forgot to pick me up after school. Now, if I were stuck at the school for the entire night... well, it would take a while before I let that go.

+3 old follower

Lindsay Frost said...

I would LOVE to win this!
Thankyou!! :D:D:D

1+ Yes, I do.
3+ old follower
3+ my story.
My family was doing this thing at our house and we had familys over to do it and one of the family had a son that was about my age and he and I got into a fight and we didn't see each other for long time( about 6 year)and all of this time, I couldn't forgive him at all but I had to work with HIM on a photography job and he was nicer now and he forgotten all about the fight so I just forgive him and we became friends again. :D So yes, forgiving is VERY important, you can miss
out on all of thing by not forgiving like i did.:P

-Lindsay

lindsay15photo@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

+1 No, I hold grudges for quite a while.
+2 new follower

Skk25@aol.com

Victoria Zheng said...

+1 Answer: Sometimes i do, depending on the situation.
+3 old follower through Google Friend Connect
+2 for every time you link the contest
- http://twitter.com/sk8ergirl7

Thank you!

doreen lamoureux said...

I do forgive easily but it took years of learning. It is so much easier to forgive and healthier too.

New follower....dor

A story of forgiveness.
I remember being very angry at someone for hurting me and I was angry for years. I decided to forgive in my heart and it felt like I let go of 50 pounds.

dorcontest at gmail dot com

Belinda M said...

+1 I easily forgive
+2 old follower through google friend connect

bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anne said...

+1 Yes, I forgive easily
+2 new follower
ajolly1456 at gmail dot com