Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Monday, March 29, 2010

My Monday Mailbox & Music Machine (Mar 29/10)

Mailbox


Bookmooch

Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Gaiden vol. 1-2 by Yuu Watase

Borrow

Rosario + Vampire vol. 1 by Akihisa Ikeda (Not shown)

Other

Read, Remember, Recommend for Teens: A Reading Journal for Young Adult Book Lovers by Rachelle Rogers Knight

Review

Titus and Atreus by Meridi Myers + Bookmark

Won

Real Vampires Have Curves + Real Vampires Live Large by Gerry Bartlett

So I got this email saying that Stop, Drop, and Read! is listed as a resource for this new teen journal for YA book lovers, and I was like "OwO Really?" (second last on the page). I mean, I never thought my blog would ever have that sort of recognition so I am most definitely proud. xD Though I am still wondering if there's any book out there that has a quote from one of my reviews but I never knew about it... >w>;; If you guys do see a quote in some novel from Stop, Drop, and Read!, let me know? :D

Oh, and definitely check out Read, Remember, Recommend for Teens: A Reading Journal for Young Adult Book Lovers! I believe it is releasing this week! I think it's pretty awesome and can be quite helpful!

Want to do your own Mailbox Meme? Check out how to at The Story Siren!


~~~

Music Machine

Title: Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
Artist/Band: Lady Gaga
Language: English
My Thoughts: Thought you guys needed a break from all of my Kpop addiction, since I'm sure not everyone is willing to listen to foreign music. xD So here's some Gaga! :D

I would put up Telephone since I really love that song (like all of her other songs), but uh, did you guys see it? Pretty explicit for me to put up. So since summer is dawning closer and the weatherman is saying that it will be straight out hot in my area compared to the last two years where it rained constantly, thought I would celebrate it with this MV.

post signature

8 comments:

Liviania said...

I can't decide whether I like the Telephone video or not. The BarelyDigital.com parody is genius, either way.

Tuning Into YA Books said...

Have fun reading Fushugi Yugi!

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

Great win with those Gerry Bartlett books!!=) I love the covers. I hope to read them myself sometime soon!=)


Come on over to my IMM if you have time:
http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/03/in-my-

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

The reading journal looks really interesting to me!! I'm loving the song telephone right now too, but yeah I can see why you didn't want to post the vid!!!

Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

Have fun reading Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Gaiden and Rosario + Vampire!

The Real Vampires series is a fun series!

Monster of Books said...

Yuu Watase is a excellent manga author. Have you read Ceres: Celestrial Legends by her? That's my favorite series. Happy Reading!!

Diana Dang said...

@Liviania: It's definitely something different, but she should've toned it done by several notches!

@Book Monster: Oh yes, I used to be a Yuu Watase fan when I first started out in manga. However, I slowly found her series to be a lil stall afterwards. I used to like series but then when I reached near the end, I lost interest. xD I think my fave by her is Absolute Boyfriend. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this music video! I love Lady Gaga!! I didn't know she had a video for this song.

I like the song Telephone and the video. And I love Beyonce's "Betty Paige" hair-do.