Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Monday, May 17, 2010

My Monday Mailbox & Music Machine (May 17/10)

Mailbox


Review

The Journey of Om by Chandru Bhojwani
Dramacon: The Ultimate Edition by Svetlana Chmokava
Portrait of M & N vol. 1 by Tachibana Higuchi
Deadman Wonderland vol. 1 by Jinsei Kataoka and Kazuma Kondou
28 Days Later vol. 1 by Michael Alan Nelson and Declan Shalvey

Want to do your own Mailbox Meme? Check out how to at The Story Siren!

~~~

Music Machine

Title: 2 Different Tears
Artist/Band: Wonder Girls
Language: English/Chinese/Korean
My Thoughts: One of the first Korean bands I listened to were the Wonder Girls. I always liked their songs but for some reason, never really liked them as a band.

This year they did a comeback with 2 Different Tears... in three different languages! (A lot of hard work right there). Since I last heard them sung one of their other hits, Nobody, in English, they improved vastly! I am quite impressed and I really like the English version. I think the Korean one sounds a bit off since I think the song was made to be sung in English rather than Korean (or Chinese).

Who else has this MV reminding them of Austin Powers? xD Now I urge to go back and watch the movies!

English Version


Chinese Version


Korean Version

post signature

No comments: