Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

Title: Forgive My Fins
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 304
My Rating: 4/5

Lily has a secret. She is a mermaid. And a mermaid princess at that! Her problem is that she must find a mate before her 18th birthday or she will lose her position in the throne. No worries though, she has her eyes on gorgeous Brody. She is determined to have him realize that they are meant to be together. Too bad her next door neighbour, Quince, always ruins everything!

When Lily accidentally receives a kiss from the wrong person, everything comes crashing down! Once kissed, she is forever bonded to that person! Can she reverse it before it is too late?

Lily is the type of lovesick character that goes after this one "godly" guy and is oblivious to her surroundings. Surprisingly, I wasn't annoyed with her as much as I thought I would, considering her personality. Yes there were times I wanted to shake her, but the other characters compensated for what she lacked. I guess I forgave her because she is a mermaid and only lived on land for three years. With her personality combined with everyone else, it balances out the novel instead of it being lopsided with her undeniable "love" for Brody. In ways, female readers can relate to Lily because of her constant infatuation.

My favourite character would have to be Quince. I do think that he is a little too good for Lily. He is the logical one that beats some sense into her after all. It's nice to know he would always be there for her. When they were stuck doing challenges with each other in order of Lily's father, it definitely tightened their relationship. I found the things that they ended up doing for each other were quite adorable and it added the extra fluff to the story.

I think that Forgive My Fins should be a stand-a-lone because it wrapped up really nicely. I don't like the idea of the sequel too much though. However I do recommend Forgive My Fins as a read this summer. It's a splashwork full of fun!

Won copy from Tera Lynn Childs.

post signature

No comments: