Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Q4U: What book(s) to save during a fire?

Q4U (Question 4 U) is a feature on Stop, Drop, and Read! that likes to pop up on a random day. A question is asked for you to answer, where it could range from getting feedbacks for the blog to a start of a fun topic!

A few days ago while I was lying in bed, I was thinking of my book collection. Since I'm refurnishing my room (as you likely know; and yes, it is taking forever), my bookshelf might be removed from my room and be placed in the basement (oh noes!). And to be honest as I was thinking about it, I don't need this many books. Yes, I do love reading. But what are the chances of me re-reading ALL of them again? (Which is why hopefully in the future I will give away some ARCs I no longer want. Follow for future updates, hopefully. Lol.) I still have at least two full bookshelves that I haven't even touched yet.

So this question came to my mind:

What book or books would you save during a fire?

This is assuming that the rest of your collection will burn in peril. MUAHAHA! Ahem.

Mine would have to be Why I Let My Hair Grow Out series (a trilogy by Maryrose Wood) and Death Mill Mansion: A Lighthearted Comedy by Will Hartzell-Baird. That would be 4 books in total. They are simply the favourites that I enjoy very much and they have this unique humor that I can't get enough of. I like to laugh and be happy after all. :)

Now, if I had to save something from my manga collection...I would die. No doubt. I have a few favourite series but they consist of so many volumes! (For example, Ouran High School Host Club, which I have up to the 15th volume! And it's still not done yet!) I wouldn't even make it out of my room if I was to grab them all!

Obviously if this situation was really real, I wouldn't bother cause hey, life is short. But I'm speaking in the sense that you would likely escape (unless you try to horde 100 books out).

So when it comes to books, would you be able to grab one or two you really love before the house burns down?
post signature

2 comments:

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Lol, Ouran Host Club is DEFINITELY worth saving. And I know what you mean, I need to reread my books! But some of them I just don't like enough and some of them... I don't know, they just SIT. If I had to save something in the case of a fire, I would save: my kindle! Haha, I really don't know, it's too hard for me to pick. The very first thing I would save is my stuffed animal though, that's been with me for 10 years and through moving. :)

Anonymous said...

Harry Potter Series :)