Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Flawless by Sara Shepard

Title: Flawless
Author: Sara Shepard
Age Group: Older Teens
# of Pages: 330
My Rating: 5/5

After the suspenseful cliffhanger in Pretty Little Liars, the four lovely ladies of Rosewood, Pennsylvania are now more freaked out than ever. Discovering that Alison is truly dead after recovering her remains from underneath her old home, Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna are questioning about the secret that killed their manipulative best friend back in seventh grade.

A is still out there, watching their every move. Spencer is now secretly meeting her perfect sister's ex-boyfriend. Emily is still trying to understand her feelings toward her female friend, Maya. Aria is devastated from what had happened between her and her English teacher and is now trying to figure out what to do after she discovered her father is still meeting one of his students behind his family's backs. Hanna is tired of trying to keep up to role with her popularity and life at home is simply gut-wrenching. As things get more complicated in each of their personal lives, A is threatening to ruin them for sure.

Who the hell is A? Is A the creepy Toby that they all used to be scared of who is now somewhat normal? What had happened in the past for these girls to be tormented by? With this intense sequel, you will be left dying to get your hands on the next volume!

Oh my God, I feel so bad for these characters. So bad. The shit (pardon my language but word must be used) that they go through is enough to kill any teenage girl. I know that I would definitely be suicidal if I was in either Hanna's or Aria's shoes (and possibly Spencer's). The problems these three girls go through are based on family and trust. It literally broke my heart because these kind of things get to me. I know they all did something stupid at one point but for them to receive what they did in Flawless made me want to reach into the book and give them a great bear hug. The person that got off the lightest amongst the four was Emily, since her problem could be easily cleared up if she let it.

Now that is off my chest, Flawless finally reveals what Alison did when they were younger, which is a secret they all kept. It is something that anyone would keep their mouth shut about if they did it. There is quite a bit of morals involved within this novel. It makes you wonder as a reader what you would do if you were in any of the characters' situations.

I really am looking forward to Perfect, the third volume for this series. I have a feeling that things will get even more twisted because Flawless left a new mystery that needs to be solved. The only thing I hope for is that when I reach the end of the series that it would be worth it. But for sure, check out the Pretty Little Liars if you haven't yet! What Sara Shepard does best is that she keeps you enthralled as you wondered like mad what will happen to all of her characters at the end!

You can have a sneak peek of the novel here!

Review copy provided by HarperCollins.

post signature

2 comments:

wdebo said...

I've been dying to read this series (first book is pretty Little Liars right?)!!!

Diana Dang said...

Yep! Flawless is the second novel in the series!