Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

If I was to...

give away my YA ARCs for free, would you pay for the shipping?

As you probably know, I am refurnishing my room and I'm trying to make some more space. I have a LOT of books that I accumulated over the years as a reviewer and book addict since I was little. I'm attempting to sell some books but it is a flop so far.

Anyway, I have a bunch of ARCs that I no longer want. I am willing to give them away for FREE. So for those who cannot pick them up locally in Toronto, would you pay for the shipping?

I'm not going to put up the list for awhile because I am quite busy at the moment and I have a lot of books to sort through. I just want to get the general survey to see if people would pay for shipping or not because I don't want to end up posting this gigantic list and no one wants the books.

I also want to know if there is anyone here that lives in Toronto or near Toronto (I'm actually situated in Vaughan but I go to university downtown)? If so, are you willing to meet up with me to get the free books? (You can have a friend get them for you if you live elsewhere).

Please let me know in the comments! :)
post signature

6 comments:

shoshana said...

I would absolutely pay shipping costs! Count me in :)

Unknown said...

Have you considered giving them to a local library or school? It seems they are always looking for books.

Mardel said...

I live in the US, but I would be happy to send postage if there's a book I'm interested in. However it's possible - send stamps?

The other possibility is for you to donate them to a high school, or middle school - or even to a hospital children's wing? I'll bet there are patients from 14 and up that might be readers.

Good for you also, trying to thin out your books. It's a hard thing to do. I still have books sitting around here, trying to decide if I'll ever actually read them again, or if I want to give them away forever. :) There's been a few times that I've regretted giving books away, almost as soon as they leave my house. :)d Comes from a young adulthood of not being able to afford to buy books whenever I wanted. lol.

vonze said...

I might be interested, it just really depends if you have books that I'm looking for. Let me know when you do make a list :)

Unknown said...

Is Operation Teen Book Drop a possibility? The only thing is I'm not sure how many places would take ARCs?

Anyhow, if you do post a list, I would absolutely pay for shipping costs! :)

Tuning Into YA Books said...

Hi. I am very interested. I am planning to start an ARC program at my library as a student member for teens, and if a lot of the ARCs aren't in our catalog, I would really appreciate the donation.

Thanks,

Tuning Into YA Books
You can contact me at tuningintoyabooks(at)gmail(dot)com