Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Nightschool by Svetlana Chmokava

Title: Nightschool
Mangaka: Svetlana Chmokava
Age Group: Teens
Series is: Completed with 4 volumes
Volume(s) Reviewing: 2
My Rating: 4.5/5

Alex's sister, Sarah, started working at Nightschool, a place for the paranormals to get their education. However, Alex realizes something is wrong when every single trace of her sister disappears all the sudden! Determined to find what out had happened to her sister, Alex decides to enroll into Nightschool. Will she be able to find the answer she is looking for?

I am a fan of Svetlana Chmokava because of her unique art style and enjoyable stories. Nightschool, like I said in my previous review, is no less. Continuing from the first volume, there is still some mystery behind what is actually happening. So I do find that a little confusing sometimes because there is this secret that is not out yet but you get bits and parts of it being revealed. So for the most part you want to know what the big surprise is because thus far, not much has been given out yet for you to make any conclusions.

What I like that is just introduced in this volume is being able to see what the Nightschool's classes are and layout of the building. I love seeing what monsters and supernaturals would possibly take if they do have school so that is definitely a fun touch to the series.

I will be getting my hands on the third volume soon so I definitely look forward to reading it!
post signature

No comments: