Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

The King's Rose by Alisa M. Libby

Title: The King's Rose
Author: Alisa M. Libby
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 299
My Rating: 4.5/5

Catherine Howard is just a regular fifteen years old girl, until her family placed her in front of King Henry VIII. They have molded her into a desirable girl for the king. He soon enough marries her, making her queen. The king was told things he wants to hear and believes he is marrying a pure girl. Without any freedom, Catherine does what is told of her, trying to maintain her ideal image. She is in desperate for an heir to keep herself on the throne. Afraid to be like her infamous cousin, Anne Boleyn, would she be able to lie her way out of death?

Catherine is one of the most interesting character I have encountered in a book. (The person herself was real, but the way the author created her in the story is compelling!) She is about my age but to see what she thinks makes you wonder if you would be the same in her position. So many different enemies around you and your head can be lopped off any second, it is extremely terrifying! The King's Rose brings you to a world full of lies and jewels, keeping you locked onto every word.

Review ARC copy provided by Book Divas.

post signature

No comments: