Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Savvy Girl by Lynn Messina

Title: Savvy Girl
Author: Lynn Messina
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 252
My Rating: 5/5

Christina (Chrissy) Gibbons is one of four lucky teens to be chosen to get an internship at her favourite magazine, Savvy. The goal is to complete an original article within a month to become Savvy's first teen columnist. Eager, she tries to work on it but nothing comes to mind. Instead, she gets to go to many posh parties along with her idol/fashion editor, Jessica. Not to mention she is trying to charm Mr. Handsome, Michael. With all some many glamourous places to attend, who could focus?

During the course of an thrilling month, Chrissy learns about the power of friendship, honesty, and personality. To be caught in between deadlines and invites, would she be able to pull through?

This book is defintitely a great teen girl's novel that involves the fashion industry. I have read a couple in the past but they weren't as strong as this one. I think the author balances out the story nicely with different elements, like character development and drama. She doesn't go overboard with anything and I really like that. Though I wish her relationship and Mr. X (better read to see who!) is a bit more emphasized. Definitely a recommended read for all girls who enjoys realistic stories with a glamour touch.

Won copy from Book Divas.

post signature

No comments: