Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Title: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Author: J.K. Rowling
Age Group: Tweens
# of Pages: 636
My Rating: 4.5/5

During the summer before entering his fourth year at Hogwarts, Harry gets to stay with the Weasleys and watches the Quidditch World Cup. Everything is going swell, until someone conjures the Dark Mark of Voldemort. Panic arise from witches and wizards all around. Is he back? What can it possibly mean?

When school is back in session, everyone finds out that this year Hogwarts will be hosting the Triwizard Tournament. Two other wizarding schools will be joining them. One champion from each school shall compete against each other, in hoping to win the Triwizard Cup and bring back a lot of fame. Since the tasks to be completed are dangerous, only witches and wizards over the age of seventeen is allowed to participate. But what happens when Harry Potter's name is drawn out?

In another bewitching adventure of magic and evil, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will not disappoint you!

Can you believe that I have just finished reading the fourth novel now? Bad Diana bad! But I have found my favourite character in Harry Potter. And he is Bill Weasley. He was so cool with his long hair and earring when he was first introduced! Even though he was barely there, I always looked forward to his appearance.

Unlike the first three novels in the series, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is where the volumes will get thicker from this point on. But no matter how long or how short, J.K. Rowling will keep you attached!

In the beginning, there was a bit of mystery surrounding the Dark Mark and Voldemort. Although Voldemort only made his grand appearance at the end, like always, he still had a huge effect on Harry. With other things like the Triwizard Tournament coming into play, you could see Harry struggling to deal with the pressure people put upon him, good and bad. Then he would also try to figure out who had entered his name into the tournament and why.

The author makes the reader curious about what would happen next to her characters and the story, which makes you keep on flipping the pages. The more you read it, the more you will want to finish it. Everything wraps up nicely in the end, making you dying for another year in Hogwarts with Harry and his friends.

post signature

3 comments:

April (BooksandWine) said...

OMG, this is my favorite HP book. I loved the Tri-Wizard tournament, loved Harry, loved Cedric, loved the angst. I love love love this book. Rock on for reviewing it and bringing back some wonderful reading memories :-D

Cecelia said...

The first time I read this book I really wasn't sure I liked it. My favorite character bit the dust, and there was just so much...ANGER...you know? But I've re-read it twice since, and I think it's one of my favorites from the series. So much good stuff! Nice review, by the way...

Thao said...

This book is really great. There're so many interesting events in it but the dark parts is starting to take over too. I love the Tournament, at least to the point before Cedric died.