Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Trailer Tuesday: Pretty Bad Things by C.J. Skuse

Title: Pretty Bad Things
Author: C.J. Skuse
Description: SIXTEEN-YEAR OLD TWINS IN CANDY-STORE CRIME SPREE!

Twins, Paisley and Beau Argent are in the headlines again. Last time, they were the 'wonder twins', when, as six-year-olds, they were found alive in woods after three days missing following their mother’s death – three days spent looking for their dad.

Now at sixteen, life’s not so wonderful. Cast out and exploited by their money-grabbing grandmother, they’re still clueless about their dad’s whereabouts. Until they discover an old letter from him.

That’s when they decide to hit the road – and make headlines again. Holding up fast-food joints in Las Vegas might seem extreme but if they can get on the news, and tell their dad they need him, they might just get the dream reunion they never thought could happen.

Billed as a darkly-comic ‘Tarantino for teens’ – this is a fast, fearless and funny first novel. Wild, crazy, outspoken and unleashed in March 2010.



I likely would've never heard of this novel if I didn't do a search on youtube to find a trailer for Trailer Tuesday. I have to say, this sounds like a pretty creative piece! Pretty Bad Things will be released in March 2010.

post signature

1 comment:

Monster of Books said...

Haha that's such a cool trailer :) I never heard of it before either!!