Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Monday, May 3, 2010

My Monday Mailbox & Music Machine (May 3/10)

Mailbox


Borrow

The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan

Other?

The Lighter Side of Life and Death by C.K. Kelly Martin

Review

The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin by Josh Berk
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce


I received an ARC of The Lighter Side of Life and Death randomly out of the blue from Random House. Which is incredibly strange because I don't review Random House's YA lines except for their manga imprint, Del Rey. Maybe I requested it without knowing? Huh, I wonder... But I will eventually review it anyway!

Want to do your own Mailbox Meme? Check out how to at The Story Siren!

~~~

Music Machine

Title: Without U
Artist/Band: 2PM
Language: Korean
My Thoughts: If it's not the multiple outfit changes, the Koreans tend to dance in the rain. Or with water of some sort. And black ink (note: MBLAQ). Even though this song is like most other Kpop songs now, I still like it (which is why I don't really get tired of Kpop lol).



~~~

Here are a couple of links you guys may be interested in.

The first one is called NetGalley. You can request an egalley before the actual ARC is printed! Click here to check it out!

If you are curious what are the top 100 All-Time Best Book Club Books, check it out here!

post signature

4 comments:

Morgan said...

The lighter side of Life and Death looks really good. I hope you enjoy all your books!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read The Lighter Side of Life and Death. I love C.K. Kelly Martin. I love the original cover for The Demon's Lexicon. I wonder why they changed it. :/

Enjoy! :D

deltay said...

2PM! 2PM! :)

Looks like a great week of books, happy reading!

vvb32 reads said...

i like the song too, although i haven't heard much kpop. great video! i love the b/w and the rain on the piano and the broken clock and the rain on the guys ;-D