Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

YA Bloggers Debut Book Battle: Bracket 12's Winner


I was lazy to announce that I was one of the judges for the YA Bloggers Debut Book Battle that is hosted by Alyssa at The Shady Glade (shame on me!). I was paired up with Andrea from The Little Bookworm. We were in charge on passing either Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev or The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan.

VS

I did not find any difficulty in choosing the winner for this bracket to be honest. So the winner is...

EYES LIKE STARS

I've read Eyes Like Stars months ago and I loved it. The Demon's Lexicon however wasn't really up to par in my standard. You can see my review of Eyes Like Stars
here and The Demon's Lexicon here.

For those who have read both, what is your opinion? Happy with this result? No? Why?

post signature

2 comments:

Liviania said...

I liked both, but I probably would've gone with EYES LIKE STARS too.

Jenny N. said...

I've only read The Demon's Lexicon and thought it was just ok. I read your review of it and agree with many of the points you made. I know there were other bloggers who really liked it though.