Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Kamisama Kiss by Julietta Suzuki

Title: Kamisama Kiss
Mangaka: Julietta Suzuki
Age Group: Teens
Series is: Ongoing with 8 volumes
Volume(s) Reviewing: 2
My Rating: 5/5

Nanami is starting to get used to her new life as a tochigami. But it is so gosh darn boring! Hearing that a popular idol is going to attend her school, she decides she wants to go back after all. Tomoe isn't too happy about it but he reluctantly lets her go. Except this idol is not at all what he seems...

I love this volume much more than the last! Why? Because at one point, Tomoe gets turned into a child and it's so adorable! I love re-reading those parts because he is simply so cute!

Moving aside from my gushing of child Tomoe, I think the second volume definitely adds on to the last. It doesn't jump into a plot that is going to be continuous for awhile like most series. However, there is new development between the characters as well as introduction to new faces. I'm glad that there is a steady pace in the story, not going too fast or too slow. It gives you enough content to be satisfied fully and urges you to move onto the next volume.

Review copy provided by Viz.
post signature

No comments: