Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Short and Simple (7)

Title: Real Vampires Have Curves
Author: Gerry Bartlett
Age Group: Adults
# of Pages: 317
My Rating: 2/5

Sentence Summary: Gloria is a full-figured vampire who is determined to find the culprit who is killing her vampire friends.

Speaking Straightly: Not too fond of this book. It lacked the content even though there were so many pages to go through. I was bored most of the time and skimmed over many chapters. Regardless being a vampire book, it isn't as exciting for vampire fans to pick up in my opinion.

Won copy from Star Shadow Blog.

~~~

Title: Tangled
Type: Movie
Age Group: Youth +
Release Year: 2010
My Rating: 4/5

Sentence Summary: A princess who was kidnapped as a baby and has no idea wants to get out of her tower for the first time for her 18th birthday to see the floating lanterns.

Speaking Straightly: Adorable movie for sure. I love love Flynn! Not your typical Disney male protagonist at all. Love his personality and flawed character who contributes greatly in the development of Rapunzel.

However, I found it was way too hyped for. Don't really think it is worth a 5 stars. But is a great movie for Disney fans of all ages.


post signature

2 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i really want to see tangled!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait for TANGLED either. Looks adorable and funny.

great post.

I woke up Sunday a.m. to find my blog, my 500 plus followers, my 100plus author interviews, and my 200 plus reviews gone. Blogger gave no explanation, but I think the account was hacked. Change your password often!

I have reloaded the interviews and reviews, plus redesigned the blog. But if you could, please hit the "follow" button so I can reclaim the fellow bloggers I miss. I'm still following you, as my account remained--thank goodness!
http://kellymoranauthor.blogspot.com

Thank you!
Kelly Moran
XO