Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Free ARCs (Shipping paid by you) + Japan Relief


As you may know, awhile ago I said I was going to put up free ARCs for those who wants it. Except I don't have enough money to mail it out. So if there is anything you want, the shipping will be paid by you.

In addition, you may have seen the post I put up earlier regarding my sorrows for Japan. I have decided that all the shipping fees will become a donation towards Japan through Red Cross Canada. You will be getting the ARC(s) you want as well as helping out Japan. It is a win-win situation.

If you live in Toronto or the GTA, we can meet up and I will give you the books for free without charge since there's no shipping.

Here are all the ARCs I have available as well as the link to my review of them (first come, first serve):


Crossed out means they are no longer available! You can still possibly ask for the reserved titles but if the person before you is able to get it, it goes to them. If not, I will let you know.

Here is how this is all going to work:

1. You choose the ARCs you want. Then, email your choices and address to faked_sugartone at hotmail.com with "Free ARCs Wanted" or something similar in the title.

2. I will wrap up the books and head to the post office to check the pricing before I mail them. I will include Paypal fees that you must pay as well. Note: If I don't have a package big enough that can contain all the books (if want a lot), you may be required to pay extra fees for the packaging.

3. I will email you the price and you will pay in CAD through Paypal ONLY (so it is less confusing). I will round the price to the nearest dollar. The package won't be sent out until it is paid for.

4. I will ship out the package and you will let me know when it arrives.

Please spread the word about this if you can. This is for a good cause. At the end of March, I will screencap a proof picture of the donation to Red Cross. Please help. :)

Donations Acquired: $23

Donation Target: $10 at the least / Target reached! :D
post signature

4 comments:

Anna said...

Your link to the julian game is to the guardian. just thought I'd tell you :)

Diana Dang said...

Lol! Thanks! I fixed it :)

The L-I Headmaster said...

I sent you an email. :)

Jen said...

Hi,

My name is Jen and I work for the Canadian Red Cross. Thank you for supporting our Japan earthquake appeal. We really appreciate it.

We would love to continue to connect with you. You can find us on Twitter (@redcrosstalk,@redcrosscanada), Facebook (facebook.com/canadianredcross), and our blog is redcrosstalks.wordpress.com.

Thank you for your support!