Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Black Bird by Kanoko Sakurakoji

Title: Black Bird
Mangaka: Kanoko Sakurakoji
Age Group: Older Teens
Series is: Ongoing with 9 volumes
Volume(s) Reviewing: 2
My Rating: 4.5/5

Misao still doesn't want to marry Kyo but her feelings for him cannot be ignored. She finally gets to meet the rest of Kyo's clan which consists of five handsome tengus and Taro's two brothers. One of the vassals is Kyo's older brother, Sojo, who originally was the clan leader. Misao is surprised to find him to be a gentle and caring person, unlike his erotic brother. However, Sojo has a secret agenda of his own...

If anything, Black Bird is my guilty pleasure manga. The content does start to push over the PG-16 rating but surely does not go beyond that.

My favourite part in this volume is when it takes a look into Kyo's and Misao's past. I found it utterly adorable and started to respect Kyo some more (not that he wasn't already a cool character). Just seeing them as kids gives the reader a break from all of the intense scenes to coo over young Kyo's caring gestures toward innocent Misao. When it did get back to the more mature moments, I couldn't help but blushed.

Those who have read the first volume will not be disappointed with the second. It does show that the situation Misao is in gets more dangerous but unfortunately for her, she can not escape her fate. Readers can see that the mangaka have left some new trails of bread crumbs that have to be followed in order to see what else is really going on. This volume ends off with a huge question that is making me dying to know what will happen next! I think I will definitely get the third volume!

post signature

5 comments:

Laura said...

Just wait until you read volume 3, girl! It gets really interesting, then. Hope you enjoy!

Diana Dang said...

Lol! I want it so bad right now! But funds are low so I don't think I will until I go to an anime con in May. ><

Monster of Books said...

Ooh I love this series, I read it while I was in Japan :)

Yan said...

Why does the cover make it seem like the male character is perverted? xD

Diana Dang said...

LOL! HE IS! XD