Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Monday, March 15, 2010

My Monday Mailbox & Music Machine (Mar 15/10)

Mailbox

Bookmooch

Kurohime vol. 1 by Masanori Ookamigumi Katakura
Reborn! vol. 1 by Akira Amano
My Only King by Lily Hoshino

Borrow

Dead is the New Black by Marlene Perez
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Review

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

Won

The Devouring by Simon Holt + Bookmark
Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep + Bookmarks

Man, I have no idea why the picture is sideways! But it was a nice week!

~~~

Music Machine

Title: No One
Artist/Band: F.Cuz
Language: Korean
My Thoughts: When F.Cuz debuted with their song Jiggy, I was slightly horrified. It was a cute song that was just wrong to have a MV for. I mean, really? Any guy who is asked to look like a girl and wear such colourful clothes would've ran the opposite direction (but I guess to get into the entertainment industry, one has to give up man pride).

After downloading F.Cuz's album, I started tweeting how F.Cuz should've debuted with another song because all the other ones were so good. Shortly after, voila!, I discovered the MV for No One! (Yay for manlier look! x3)

post signature

4 comments:

ninefly said...

oh you're starting Reborn! it's hilarious 8D the plot just gets more and more bizarre as the series goes on though lol

...to be in a boyband in Asia means to give up dignity entirely lol
but they're pretty good at mixing the cute w/ the hot =d

Eleni said...

Great books this week!

Ohh I like the song, going to go download it right now :]

-Eleni

Dazzling Mage said...

Great books and manga this week! I'm really interested in what you think about The Body Finder. =D

F.CUZ have great vocals, but so far, there's auto-tune in all their songs. >_<. But they are good. And cute.

Diana Dang said...

@ninefly: Really? Lol, never read the series so when there was a copy on Bookmooch, I jumped at it, seeing there is a huge fanbase for it. xD

Oh that is true, they are good with mixing cute and hot. :D

@Eleni: Spreading the fandom! :D

@Dazzling: I don't know when things are auto-tune. xD (Maybe I do), but I generally like most songs anyway!