Notice for Review Requests

I have been receiving some review requests over the past few months. However, I have been quite busy with my personal and school life to continue actively reviewing novels. I do read every request that has been sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all. I have accumulated a pile I have yet to go through and I try to work with what I have instead rather than taking on more.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take a couple of months before I get around to it.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. Once in awhile when I have time, a new review will go up.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trailer Tuesday: Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith

Title: Dawn of the Dreadfuls
Author: Steve Hockensmith
Description: In this terrifying and hilarious prequel, we witness the genesis of the zombie plague in early-nineteenth-century England. We watch Elizabeth Bennet evolve from a naïve young teenager into a savage slayer of the undead. We laugh as she begins her first clumsy training with nunchucks and katana swords and cry when her first blush with romance goes tragically awry. Written by acclaimed novelist (and Edgar Award nominee) Steve Hockensmith, Dawn of the Dreadfuls invites Austen fans to step back into Regency England, Land of the Undead!



Haha, this is such a sweet trailer! I still have to read Pride and Predjudice and Zombies though. The only complaint I have about this trailer is the bad attempt to look kung-fu when, Elizabeth I believe?, tried to do some sort of high kick. Now if they hired real martial artists, that would've been so pro!

post signature

No comments: