Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

D.Gray-Man by Katsura Hoshino

Title: D.Gray-Man
Mangaka:
Katsura Hoshino

Age Group:
Older Teens

# of Pages:
170

# of Volumes: 16
My Rating:
5/5


Akuma, they are devices of the Dark Side made by the evil Millennium Earl. These Akumas are made from the souls of humans that had died and ones that mourned their death greatly. They terrorize the living world in the fictional late nineteenth century, becoming more powerful each day. But regular humans can't detect them. These creatures hide underneath human skin.


Enter Allen Walker, a British boy who is an exorcist of these Akumas. His left arm is an Anti-Akuma that destroys them. And his left eye can see through an Akuma's facade. He witnesses many miseries and sorrow through his work. But with so many Akumas that exist in the world, how would he rid them all and Millenium Earl?


The story does complicate later on so it would be a bit confusing if I tack those to the summary. I really like the overall book. It is different and I like to see what is it like for fictionous worlds in a mangaka's mind. The characters themselves are interesting because Allen meets different people each day. Definitely a good read, not something I will go extremely crazy for but enough for me to want much more. The story sort of makes you wonder, would you sacrifice yourself to bring back a loved one alive?

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please do not hotlink.

It's not hard to save and upload them somewhere else.