Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Monday, September 1, 2008

How I Found the Perfect Dress by Maryrose Wood

Title: How I Found the Perfect Dress
Author: Maryrose Wood
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 231
My Rating: 5/5

A year after that bike tour from Ireland, Morgan is back in her old Connecticut state living her life. It has been awhile since Colin emailed her and she is freaking out. She can't really call him her boyfriend since they both live on the other side of the world but she is desperate. So she decided to email him on Groundhog Day, it is a perfect excuse to check up on him.

Soon after, he emailed her back with some great news! He is coming to the University of Connecticut for two weeks. She is absolutely thrilled!

After he came, he told her that for some reason he couldn't get enough sleep lately and have been terribly exhausted. Which is unpleasant for him because he has to make a robot for a project at the university. He has been dreaming about being at some weird parties but he can't recall what it is. Morgan on the other hand has a gut feeling that the Other World creatures are messing with him. For what reason are they bothering poor Colin? Morgan just have to find out soon enough as she will meet with old friends and new faces.

I have to say I enjoy the sequel much better than the first book. Don't get me wrong! They are both amazing! Maybe because I rushed the first to get to the second but they are nonetheless full of fun. I finished this one within three-four hours, starting at 12 AM in the morning. Not good for me but the brain got some word candies. Those who haven't read the first one yet better do so now and then pick up the second one! Won't regret either, I promise! I hope for a third installment if possible!

Won copy from In Bed With Books

post signature

No comments: