Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Wild Ones by Kiyo Fujiwara + NEWS!

Title: Wild Ones
Mangaka: Kiyo Fujiwara
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: Approx. 200
# of Volumes: 6
My Rating: 2/5

Recently orphaned Sachie Wakamura has no where to go. Her mother just died and she has no other relatives. Or so she thinks. An elderly man approaches her and tells her that he is her mother's father! Why did her mother say that he was dead?

...He turns out to be the master of a notorious yakuza (Japanese mafia) clan! This is something she will never get use to. And being the precious granddaughter of the master, she is in need of a bodyguard to protect her! Thinking that she is going to be stuck with a buff and shaved head guy, she ended up with her handsome class president, Rakuto, with a twisted personality! Will she ever accept the fact that she is part of a yakuza clan? And how will her relationship with Rakuto end up like?

This manga is another very typical kind where a girl and a guy gets thrown into some sort of issue that have them end up sticking by each other's sides. The clique ideas come into place and soon after another male character comes into play who falls in love with Sachie. Something I really dislike: Love at first sight when it comes to mangas. The heroine does something and immediately she gets another boy chasing after her. I like it when it is more indepth. Preferably after the two character meet and then their relationship slowly builds up. A bit more realistic I prefer it. I will never buy this manga but I will continue to read it as long as it is provided for me.

~~~~~~~~~~

I have some great news! Maryrose Wood, one of my favourite authors who wrote Why I Let My Hair Grow Out and How I Found the Perfect Dress, is going to have an interview with me and I shall post it on this blog! I have to conjure a list of good questions first so I have no idea when I will have it up. But look forward to it guys!

post signature

No comments: