Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Generation Green by Linda Sivertsen and Tosh Sivertsen

Title: Generation Green
Author: Linda Sivertsen and Tosh Sivertsen
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 248
My Rating: 4/5

So how much do you know about our beautiful world called Earth? Do you stop to think about what you do that impacts our environment? Do you want to change your ways, to live a healthier life but don't know where to start? Well environmentalist/celebrity interviewer/author Linda Sivertsen is here to educate you on being green along with her son, Tosh! From what kind of alternate fuel you could use to your car to interesting facts on how much waste us humans produce a year, this handy guide is here to show you the many great possibilities of how to be environmentally healthy!

I find this a very educational and inspirational non-fiction read. Some of the things written here in my opinion is common sense. (Or it's just me being conscious of our environment). But you get to learn some very interesting facts and it reminds you of the little things that you should do everyday to decrease your ecological footprint. I got a bit annoyed how Tosh sounds like a complete goody-goody. Like, unbelievably too good. I would like to marry a guy like him though, he sounds so pure off the pages! (Wait, I don't like pure guys...) Oh well, he is someone you would love to have around from reading this book. Plus he's has some nice looks and is an actor. (Bonus!)

Now I suggest all those lazy bums out there to read this and make some changes!

Review copy provided by Simon & Schuster, Inc.

post signature

No comments: