Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Monday, December 22, 2008

After School Nightmare by Setona Mizushiro

Title: After School Nightmare
Mangaka: Setona Mizushiro
Age Group: Older Teens
# of Pages: Approx. 200
# of Volumes: 10
My Rating: 4/5

Everyone has a secret. Some secrets are too devastating to know, even to oneself. Mashiro Ichijo has one of those secrets. His upper body is male while his lower body is female. He tries to go on with his life as a boy. Until one day he is enrolled into a class that changes his life forever.

After school every Thursday, a door that leads to the basement reveals itself only to those in that class. What is this class exactly? The student will fall asleep, entering an alternative world. They will take form of their true self. Their goal is to find a key. This key will let them graduate from this class. It could be in another student's body. Or it can appear out of no where. Every time you enter this dream world, you have to kill or get killed. Welcome to your worse nightmare.

This manga's theme is psychological horror. It's not full out scary but there are some eerie parts to it. After graduating from the class, the student will "disappear" from the real world completely. I wonder what really happened to them. The first two volume leaves a lot of questions unanswered. I like this series because it has an interesting and different plotline. It is good at making you guessing what will happen to Mashiro and the other students. Why are they in this class? Who are they really in real life? Is there a hidden purpose for the existence of this class? Recommended for all who likes horror manga and wants to try something new.

Review copy provided by Go! Comi.

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to read this series. It sounds like a nice change from the manga I normally read.

Diana Dang said...

It's a very different manga indeed. =)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!