Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

In My Mailbox - II

Feel free to join the fun! More details about how to do your own "In My Mailbox" at The Story Siren!

The Borrowed




Death: At Death's Door by Jill Thompson
Kekkaishi vol. 2-3 by Yellow Tanabe
Koi Cupid vol. 1 by Mia Ikumi
The Black Sheep by Yvonne Collins and Sandy Rideout

The Bought



Ouran High School Host Club vol. 6-9 by Bisco Hatori

The Received



You Do Not Talk About Fight Club foreword by Chuck Palahniuk and edited by Read Mercer Schuchardt

I bought Ouran High School Host Club yesterday because Chapters had a buy 3 get the 4th free sale going on. (Promotion ends today). The whole time I thought I owned up to vol. 5. You should have seen my face when I looked at my collection and there is only up to vol. 4. Now I have to get my younger sister to get me the vol. 5 for Christmas and in return I buy her this book about Egypt. (She owns a small collection of cool subject series aimed for kids). I'm still in the process of reading Ghostgirl so it'll be awhile before I start The Black Sheep. So yeah, my blog will be littered with more manga reviews until I wear them all out. I apologize to all those who watches my blog for the YA novel reviews. I should have one up sometime this week.

post signature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, first of all, I really liked The Black Sheep. (and the authors are Torontonians like me. haha)

And, though I haven't read the Ouran HS manga, I have seen the anime, and loved loved loved! haha. =)

the story siren said...

i really need to try out some manga! i always really enjoy your reviews on them..... looks like you got some good deals!

Diana Dang said...

@Carmen: Ooh, that's good to hear! I sorta just quickly picked the newest book they had in the library. Didn't want to take too much because I won't have time to read them all.

Ouran is simply adorable! I took a break from it for about a year or so before getting back into it.

@Story Siren: You totally should!! They are fun and quick to read! Unless you pick up the ones that require time to read through.

Thank you ^o^

Keri Mikulski said...

Nice! :) Love getting new books.

Diana Dang said...

Haha, new books are great! But because of them, I need a bookshelf. Sadly I don't have room for one...