Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cutie Boy by Hwang Mi Ri

Title: Cutie Boy
Mangaka: Hwang Mi Ri
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: Approx. 200
# of Volumes: 8
My Rating: 5/5

Lee Han-Ah hates her elementary school life. The reason is so because of a young boy who continuously bullied her. After she moved, she suppresses the memories of those horrible young days.

Now Han-Ah is a senior in high school and forced under the title of "Captain of Il-Hwa Girls High School". All she wants to do is live a normal teenage life. She does not want to be stuck in the middle of gang fights, especially when she is has no choice but to always go against captains from other schools! Han-Ah would love to meet a beautiful boy. And as her wish finally comes true when she bumps into one by the name of Yoo-Min. She couldn't help but suddenly ask him out and delightfully for her, he agrees! Little did she know, he is the exactly the same boy who teased her many years ago! What is his true intentions for dating her?

This is one of the best high school romance manhwa I have ever read! There are characters that seem very sterotypical but the mangka made sure to add a little detail about them that make them not so sterotypical. I absolutely adore the characters personalities and felt satisfied to what had happened to one of the characters near the end. Yoo-Min is so lovable! The mangaka makes sure you never get bored because lets face it, most high school love stories get boring at some point. I managed to read the whole series in three days! Currently have not yet been licensed in America. If you want, go to www.onemanga.com for it. Definitely recommended for shojo lovers! Especially for all Hana Yori Dango/Boys Over Flowers fans!

post signature

No comments: