Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Koi Cupid by Mia Ikumi

Title: Koi Cupid
Mangaka: Mia Ikumi
Age Group: Youth
# of Pages: Approx. 200
# of Volumes: 5
My Rating: 3.5/5

Everyone knows what a cupid is. They are small male angels that are supposed to bound together the fated love ones with an arrow. Well, the real cupids are actually young adorable girls. Each cupid has her own way of bringing two people together. By writing a letter or even the use of scissors! If the cupid doesn't complete her mission on Earth, she will not be allowed back up to Heaven.

Koi, Ai, and Ren are all cupid-in-training. Every time they try to complete their missions, something happens! Will they be able to collect all of their stamps to become full-fledged cupids with so many obstacles?

This is an adorable manga that all little girls today will enjoy. I simply love the art style of the mangaka. The unique thing about her art is that all of her characters' eyes doesn't seem to be inked in (I'm not completely sure if it is true or not). It seems like she inked everything else and left the eyes in pencil. It adds a bit of her trademark to her art. In terms of plot and characters, they don't appeal to me as a teenager but definitely will for girls in elementary school.

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im 12 but i adore this manga it is so cute and has definitley suprised me! good for young kids or super immature older girls like mwa!

*Zoe* said...

I know!! This was a manga for little kids but I was suprised to see that it was great!!! 5/5!

Anonymous said...

hi! are you mia ikumi? i am a big fan for your manga. i have reed tokyo mew mew. i love it. can you mail me to coola_hedda@live.se i will be so hapie. (if you can swedish write in swedish.)/hedda

Dezi said...

yeah i'm 15 but i love koi cupid, my friend gave me the 1st volume a year or 2 ago & i've read it like 10x, i NEVER re-read stuff but its just so good! :) lol i'm tryin to find it online so i can read more! :)